Screen stuttering with Acer Predator XB241H 24in 144Hz G-Sync Gaming Monitor

ShiftyWog
ShiftyWog Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi so i'm not sure if this is me being ignorant with my understand of monitors/hdmi & dvi input. I have this consistent problem where i am getting minor frame stuttering and flashing with most games.

Notibly with League of Legends where the screen will do a slight flash/stutter when i play. I also have a problem with keeping my monitor consistently at the 180hz overclock. I have hardware that can consistently push most games to a stable rate of 180 frames but with some games (such as brawlhalla) i can't actually play the game while my monitor is being overclocked because it seems like it causes sever performance problems so i have to turn off the overclock and keep it at 144hz. Alternatively, with Overwatch i can have it set at 180fps with no problems or stuttering. Another problem i have noticed with Darkest Dungeon is where the game will run smooth at 180fps until i click on an interactive option in the town and during dungeons where it will fall slightly. It's strange and i have tried searching for similar problems before and had no luck.

I'm not sure if this making any sort of impact but i'm using dvi input for this monitor. Could it also be something to do with my GPU and CPU bottlenecking?

I run a generic PnP ol' 60hz samsung monitor as a secondary.

-GTX 1080Ti GPU

-Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

-16 gb ram

If there's any more information i need to provide, please let me know.

Thanks Smiley Happy