XB271HU - Reaching 120hz, blurry/ghosting.

evanswachtz
evanswachtz Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives

Hey all!

I just recieved my XB271HU yesterday and have noticed it does not reach 144hz (only 120hz) and has massive blurring/ghosting.

Should I contact Acer Sweden and RMA it? 

It's really annoying not being able to run the monitor at it's full potential.

(My GPU is ASUS Strix GTX 1080 and CPU is Intel i7 7700K @ 4.5GHz)

Thanks!

Answers

• evanswachtz

Very weird stuff going on (not reaching 144hz and some artifacts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYyfowCpawY

• Dizato
    Dizato Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Looks like some of the glitches I have had. Is the problem only related to CS or other games included?    

Please try this and see what happens:

1: Try using HDMI instead of DP on a lower resoution, but set to 144hz. 

2: If step one stil have same problem, go back to using the displayport and lower the resolution to 1920x1080 + lower graphics settings. Check now If you get over the 120fps mark. 

Last thing, read my post: Z35, Z301c and XB271HU and check if you have the same problem as i discovered. On the XB271HU i noticed the problem was a little less visible, but with a little higher brightness I could see the same problem with that monitor. 

• evanswachtz

Hello!

I am not going to use a HDMI cable because then I will not be able to play games at 2560x1440 144hz (reason I bought the monitor.)

However I tried putting the resolution down to 1920x1080 and it still only reaches 120hz..

I am probably going to RMA it cause this is pretty unacceptable at this price range. 

• Dizato

Tinkerer

That I can understand, I was just curious If the problem Is related to how the monitor handles the DP-signal vs hdmi. 

Is the problem In all games? 

• evanswachtz

The problem seems to happend with all my games. 

It reaches 144hz sometimes, but then it just does some weird artifacting and jumps back to 120hz.

It does not seem to be display port related since I tried switching with my other monitor and the same problem still exists..

The ghosting is also very annoying, it is almost like if my 60hz ultrawide is smoother then the XB271HU.. 

Already sent my RMA request in.

• Dizato

Tinkerer

Hmm, you say: "It does not seem to be display port related since I tried switching with my other monitor and the same problem still exists". But then problem must be with your computer??? If the same problem Is happening on a different monitor? 

• evanswachtz
    Sorry, I meant that it doesn't happend on my main monitor, but it does on the XB271HU. So it is not DisplayPort related.
  • Dizato

Tinkerer

Ah, well then best of lucks! Only RMA the thing and see what happens. Do you have the gradient problem that I mention In my post with your monitor? This website produces the green lines that i experience the problem with -  https://rog.asus.com/wallpapers

• evanswachtz

Yeah, I get green lines on that website. My LG does not however.. Weird.

• r3tr0
    r3tr0 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Try turning OD off completely. It is supposed to help with ghosting however this thread
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/405795/extreme-normal-off-setting-on-my-new-xg270hu
    When having this setting at extreme, on my monitor, I would notice a blurring effect with blue tint if I scrolled the mouse to fast 
  • r3tr0
    r3tr0 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Try turning OD off completely. It is supposed to help with ghosting however this thread
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/405795/extreme-normal-off-setting-on-my-new-xg270hu
    When having this setting at extreme, on my monitor, I would notice a blurring effect with blue tint if I scrolled the mouse to fast