Predator 17 G5-793 "Chrash" with fans on max

Options
laggan2000
laggan2000 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Sometimes at random, often when i just leave my g5 for like a minute. I come back to it with a black screen, fans on max unresponsive with the keyboard lit. it does not respond to anything and all i can do is restart it using the power button.

What do i do?

Best Answer

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Make sure your laptop is fully charged and plugged into the adapter and the adapter is plugged into the wall. Other than that it's pretty straightforward, just download the BIOS update and run it. It will pretty much take care of everything after that, once you start the update just leave your laptop alone until it is finished and reboots back to the sign in screen (follow any instructions the updater gives you). Don't touch anything while it's updating and don't unplug it etc. It's a pretty straightforward process.

Answers

• mrrobs
    mrrobs Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

New G9-793 and I get exactly the same - sometimes after a few minutes idle sometimes after an hour or so.

Any ideas as to what is going on would be helpful.

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    Updating the BIOS is likely to fix this.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• laggan2000
    Options

Any easy ways to explain how to do that to someone who doesn't know all too much about computers?

• Flx
    Answer ✓
    Options

Make sure your laptop is fully charged and plugged into the adapter and the adapter is plugged into the wall. Other than that it's pretty straightforward, just download the BIOS update and run it. It will pretty much take care of everything after that, once you start the update just leave your laptop alone until it is finished and reboots back to the sign in screen (follow any instructions the updater gives you). Don't touch anything while it's updating and don't unplug it etc. It's a pretty straightforward process.

• laggan2000
    Options

Which one should i get?2017-09-24.png

• Flx
    Options

The latest version, 1.12