Acer Aspire V Nitro VN-572TG-775T mic issues

Whalefog
Whalefog Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Okay, so here is the situation. I bought this model computer online and received it last week. Everything works great, however, the mic is all distorted and sounds robotic. Spoke with Acer tech support and was advised to get repairs or return to seller. I was told that there may be a hardware defect. I ended up returning it to the seller and purchased the same model, different computer, from a different seller. Guess what? Second computer has the same exact issue! I have updated drivers, checked mic settings. Spoke with Acer tech support again and was advised the same thing. I have an open ticket to send it in for repair, but I cannot help but think it is a software issue. I am on Windows 10, 64bit. Anyone have suggestions on getting the mic to sound normal?

Also, my computer shows two microphones. One is Intel SST (currently enabled), and it has no microphone boost option . I have another mic that comes up as the Realtek SST, but it is showing up as "unplugged" (no option to enable or disable).