WiFi connected, no internet every time after boot Acer VN7-592G

JP11
JP11 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I am having issues with my Wifi where every time after the laptop boots up, it says connected but no internet. Hence i am needed to run the troubleshooter everytime after boot. Its annoying as i have to constantly troubleshoot and the issue stated on the troubleshooter says that my WiFi does not have a valid ip address. I have already installed the latest driver for my WLAN.

Another thing that i would like to ask about is, does Acer Dust Defender works automatically after three hours? So far i have yet to be able to notice that it is running automatically and hence i have to assume that it runs by itself.

Lastly, when i got the laptop, during boot, there is a windows logo. After excountering some issues, ive did a clean install of windows 10 and the windows logo is gone. In the start menu, there use to be many options on the left hand side but now there is only user, power, and settings. Anyway to get back the previous one?

Thanks

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Go to Device manager, expand Network adapters, right click your WiFi, select Properties, go to Power management tab, remove the tick in the box that says "Allow the computer to switch off....".

You could try a different DNS address as well, for example, OpenDNS or GoogleDNS.

As for the Dust defender, it works automatically, you can install a program like HWmonitor and monitor the temperatures, there's a facility to start manually in Acer Quick Access application, if you need.

What are the options you are looking for? As you have done a clean install, some or all of the Acer stuff might have disappeared.

Capture1.JPG

Answers