Unity 3D crashing while unplugged only

maged120990
maged120990 Member Posts: 12 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hey you guys.

So I have a question and it might not actually be a technical problem with my laptop. (G9-593)

I run Unity3D and for some reason whenever the laptop is unplugged, it runs for few minutes and then crashes. However, if the laptop is plugged it works just fine.

I have also sent the same problem to the Unity3D support team and still waiting for their reply but also wanted to check if this is just a software problem or could it possibly be a hardware or a windows problem?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

I know that if you stress the laptop too much, while unplugged, it will reset. So from Nvidia control panel the power settings should be set to adaptive. I guess because the laptop cannot utilize 100% of GPU power, that is why yor application crushes. 

To verify this go to Nvidia control panel and set the power settings from adaptive or max performance to power saver and check if Unity3d will crash again. Mind that you have to try this, while the laptop is plugged to the charger.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!