New Acer Switch 3 and 5 relaease dates in Canada/US?

Falsted
Falsted Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hey All,

Anyone know when the new Acer Switch 3 and 5 will be available for order in Canada or the US? The new Switch 3 and 5 were announced back in April at the Next@Acer event in NYC, and they stated a June release for the devices, but I have yet to see them available at any retailer in Canada or the US... Does anyone know if the switch 3 and 5 will be available in Canada at the same time as in the US?

Answers

• gicounts
    gicounts Member Posts: 1 New User

That's a great question, I've been waiting for several weeks now.  Even cancled my Galaxy Book 12 order because the Switch 5 offers better value.  Back in April, Acer said it would be relased in June 2017.  They must be waiting for the very last day in June.

I think they have delayed the release so they can reduce inventory of the previous year model. 

I just wish they would go ahead and let it loose.  I'm not buying the older model I don't care how long they wait.

BTW - I posed this question on a chat session with their sales support team and was told they couldn't give a date.

• wrigd
    wrigd Member Posts: 1 New User

Got my Acer Switch 3 last week and I'm very please with it. Got it at a reduced price of 500$ CAN. The screen is crisp and the colour contrasts are just super. I red a lot of bad comments about the batterie life of being very low compare to what it's advertise. I can get more then 6 hours if you reduce the brithness of the screen. Pulling it down to 10%. you still get a decend brithness. However, I'm never 6 hours in front of the tablet, so my number was pick up from the batterie legend and that morning, I already use it for almost an hour.