soundpound 2.1?

DanielLagman
DanielLagman Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

hi guys, so i'm doing a little bit of digging here regarding acer predator 15 G9-593, I have all the latest drivers and softwares and stuff but something about the speaker is really bothering me. in my previous post, i mentioned something about a sort of vibration noise in the subwoofer and chocked it down to a hardware flaw but now, i feel like the issue is driver related. the "subwoofer" just seems to act like a normal low frequency speaker delivering all the ranged sound as best as it could and failing, hence the ugly vibration sound thingy. It's said in another article i've read that the predator speaker is supposed to be a 2.1 build with acers 'SoundPound 2.1'. the 2.1 speaker settings don't even show on the sound settings or the HD Audio manager so now, i'm at a lost. what about your speaker configurations? is there a bass setting there? do you have a 2.1 option in the Realtek HD audio manager?  

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

not 2.1 for sure as normally intended.

it's just stereo with the "subwoofer" passing all the frequency; maybe it's just calibrated to have more low frequency bu i never test that.

so...don't loose your time looking for a subwoofer setting or frequency crossover.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

not 2.1 for sure as normally intended.

it's just stereo with the "subwoofer" passing all the frequency; maybe it's just calibrated to have more low frequency bu i never test that.

so...don't loose your time looking for a subwoofer setting or frequency crossover.

• DanielLagman
    DanielLagman Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

i see, so this doesn't really have a sub, just another speaker set to output lower frequencies. i though it had one of those 2.1 things. Smiley Sad 

• IronFly

DanielLagman wrote:

i see, so this doesn't really have a sub, just another speaker set to output lower frequencies. i though it had one of those 2.1 things. Smiley Sad 

yep, i thought the same.