Predator 17 G9-792 CPU throttled on 800 / fan on high after crash - CPU temp 0 in Predator Sense!

Options
RolandAus
RolandAus Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi all,

I was hoping someone could help me with this issue, as it's driving me nuts. This is the same problem as found here: http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/Predator-15-G9-591/td-p/500412 but the solution is not 100% clear to me.

I was working (not gaming) and there was definitely no overheating but the laptop just turned off. When I rebooted the CPU was fixed at 800Mhz and the CPU temp is 0 in Predator Sense. The fans are constantly blazing whereas before this wasn't a problem. Fan speed is around 3800. Looking at CPU-Z etc shows normal temperatures (30 degrees). I restarted windows, re-installed all I could think off but the issue is still there.

CPU-Z shows 800Mhz with multiplier 8. No idea what I can do to fix it. I tried reinstalling the Intel Thermal Drivers but that didn't work either. Please help!

Answers

• Rosk4
    Rosk4 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options

Take it back to the shop if u have warranty left..

• RolandAus
    RolandAus Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Will try that, I think there's still warranty left. I'm travelling now though so have to stick with it for 3 more weeks :-(