Aspire V17 Nitro Black Edition

AinSuisse
AinSuisse Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello

Can I ask for help concerning the NVIDIA Control Panel for my ACER Aspire V17 Nitro Black Edition ? This laptop has both the INTEL(R) HD Graphics 530 and NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 960M.

I wanted to access the NVIDIA Control Panel, which is available from the startup menu and also from right-clicking the mouse on the desktop. Unfortunately, my laptop (which runs on Windows 10) didn't open the NVIDIA menu. I have done a couple of things, e.g. using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) on safe mode to uninstall the driver and reinstall the latest driver from NVIDIA website, donwloading the driver from ACER's website etc, but nothing seemed to work. 

Anybody had such experience in the past and was anyone able to fix it ? Strangely, I am not able to send email to ACER Support to ask for help.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Answers

• ATragicEnding
    ATragicEnding Member Posts: 6 New User

nVidia menu is accessible via right-clicking the desktop but have you tried reinstalling the drivers ?

• AinSuisse
    AinSuisse Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello 

Thanks for your response. I had waited for weeks for response from other users who may have had similar problems in the past.

I had tried all imaginable workarounds and I eventually found the solution after one of my installed programmes didn't work. It was the Duet Display from the iOS that I installed on my laptop so I could use my iPAS as the secondary display for my laptop. This programme prevented the nVidia to work properly. The moment I uninstalled this programme, my laptop ran more smoothly and nVidia Control Panel worked immediately. 

Regards