Aspire 5750

Options
2»

Answers

• Fatmandu
    Fatmandu Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options
    Nothing. Every option brings me to the windows logo with "Starting Windows" underneath. This stays for about 2-3 minutes then, "Setup is starting services" appears then immediately the same message box comes up entitled, "Install Windows" with the same message, "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows instillation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart the computer, and then restart the instillation."
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,536 Trailblazer
    Options

I fear the unexpected error is in a critical disk area, hopefully in its hidden recovery partition. As a last resort, go to acer dot com. Click on "store" near the top. In the next page that comes up, click on "erecovery" again near the top. Enter your machine's serial number id and order either the DVD or USB eRecovery media specific to your 5750 for about $20. Sorry I've had problems with posting a direct link.

If this eRecovery media also fails to install, then I suggest you remove the disk. Then connect it to a working computer USB port with a USB-to-SATA adapter cable (~$10 with free shipping from Amazon or eBay) and try to access and copy your personal files from it. You could, in fact, do this instead of first trying the eRecovery media if you don't mind removing the disk.

Even if you are able to install from the eRecovery media, I still suggest you try to copy your personal files onto some other media ASAP. Then make a backup of the disk thru Control Panel so you can install your system on a new disk if need be. 

Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ