question: ACER Aspire VX5-591G-739V tool for battery charging only at 50% or 100% ( your decision )

crazyionutz
crazyionutz Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello to everyone,

I am a proud owner of a ACER Aspire VX5-591G-739V and before was a lenovo y510p and Lenovo Y520 owner and on lenovo's there was a tool which permitted the battery to be charged only at 50% or full.. whatever you decided.

The 50% charge was very good because it prolonged it's life but unfortunately i haven't seen something like this on acer models ( at least on mine there isn't )

It has the great option to move between 50% and 100% - depends on how you used the battery/laptop

Do you have any ideea of an official tool to do so ?

PS: i just installed the tool i used on my former laptops and will test it today, i will tell you the results. Installed the one from Y510p named: Power Management 8.0

PS2: installed, rebooted, discharged 2% and tested: did not worked so.. the question still stands: is there a tool that can do this ?

as far as the new laptop.. it is just great ! Having the latest core i7 cabylake and the 1050i with 512 ssd from intel mc PCie runs extremely smooth

Answers

• Nivenor
    Nivenor Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

There is no any tool that can do this. To make this feature work, it must be supported by BIOS and hardware battery controller.