My Acer Aspire V5-552p-x882 laptop isn't booting and starting windows

Options
plap11
plap11 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have an acer aspire V5-552p-x882 laptop and it will not start up properly. One day it was working just fine, and then the next day I would turn it on and the fan would be extremely loud and then it would shut off after a few minutes. Every once in a while it would tell me that windows ran into a problem and needed to restart, and I would go through tons of different troubleshooting methods (re-install of windows, restore to a previous point, reset the pc). Windows would start up periodically but everything is just really slow. Right now, whenever I turn it on, it starts up then goes to a mostly black screen with a loading symbol near the bottom center of the screen (5 circles rotating). It just sits there and nothing happens until it shuts off after a few minutes.

I just replaced the hard drive with an ssd a few months ago so i know that isn't the problem. Since reinstalling windows on the ssd, whenever it restarts due to an update, it has issues and says it needs to do an automatic repair, which i usually just tell it to exit and continue to windows 10 which works just fine. I tried opening it up to see if any of the hardware is damaged, but it all looks fine. The battery is charging just fine so I know that's not it. The fan is working normally when I start it up and wait for something to happen, so I don't think it's the fan.

I'm not much of a computer guy so I don't know what all the possibilities are. Is this something that I can fix on my own? Do i need to purchase a new part? Should i send it in to Acer and get it repaired? Is my laptop completely screwed? If this sounds familiar or anyone knows what is going on, I would really appreciate some help.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if your laptop is still under warranty, contact Acer support service, this is not a standard behaviour.

HDD and SSD having the same issue...something is wrong hardware side.

I'm not an Acer employee.