G9-593-72VT-US - Video adapter issues

КрэйзиКот
КрэйзиКот Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Problem #1

Windows 10 home is preinstalled on my unit. Device manager doesn't detect intel hd graphics. Shows only gtx 1060

I tried reset windows, reset internal battery. No effects

I googled and found it can be disabled in bios for resolving conflicting issues.

But there are too few options in bios and I didn't found any useful.

Is there any approach to make it work?

Problem #2

I tried to connect to display (Samsung S24C350HL) by hdmi cable, but windows didn't detect it.

Tried to connect TVs with the same cable and they were detected perfectly.

I have another laptop (Asus A550L) with Ubuntu on board and it works with this display well.

Tried to load my predator with Ubuntu livecd and connect to display. No results.

It seems there is some incompatibility or am I wrong?

After googling found that it may be too high resolution or frequency and display doesn't support it .

But where can I  play with this params for hdmi output?

Samsung is FHD and supports 1920x1080 60Hz

Ps. Predator is the worst purchase for me for today Smiley Sad

Best Answer

• КрэйзиКот

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

I didn't find the reason why my predator refuses to work with one of my external monitor.

So I just bought HDMI to VGA adapter and now it is working without problems.

And since we found out that Intel HD graphics "maybe" disabled for the sake of g-sync support I think this topic may be closed.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Are you sure that your model has Intel integrated GPU?

as far as i know G9-591 has it, G9-593 not

About external monitor, please check the HDMI cable version too.

can you please report your laptop BIOS version too?

windows logo key + r

type

msinfo32

report BIOS DATE/version string

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • FuchsHH
    FuchsHH Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

The Acer G9-593 dont have an Intel integrated GPU!

• КрэйзиКот

Tinkerer

I read cpu specs and thought it has

https://ark.intel.com/products/88967/Intel-Core-i7-6700HQ-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz

Integrated gpu listed neither in specs of G9-591 nor in specs of G9-593

If they don't have it, then sorry. Maybe I was wrong
    Bios version

Insyde V1.09, 11.01.2017

How can I check the cable version? There are no any signs on it

And does it make sense if it works with other laptop and TVs?

• IronFly

yes processor has it but it's disabled on g9-593 BIOS, on G9-591 is enabled.

About cable, your laptop supports HDMI 2.0, so maybe you have an old HDMI cable (1.1-1.4) but as far as i know the protocols are compatible backwards.

have you tried to install the latest drivers from nvidia website?

if you press windows logo key + p are the duplicate or extend monitor available?

• dwfloydian
    dwfloydian Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter

IronFly wrote:

Do you know why it's disabled? Can it be enabled? Just out of curiosity.

• IronFly

dwfloydian wrote:

IronFly wrote:

Do you know why it's disabled? Can it be enabled? Just out of curiosity.

marketing choice?

honestly i don't know.

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Many laptops have bugs, when there are 2 GPUs integrated and dedicated. For example we want them to run with iGPU and run with dGPU when playing games. Sometimes errors and BSODs appear because of that and instead of dealing with the problem, they just decided to move past it by disabling iGPU. But this is just my guess, so I don't know for sure. Having an iGPU is a huge benefit, when you need longer battery life, so I don't think it is a marketing choice as most people prefer having integrated GPU.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Daedronus
    Daedronus Member Posts: 78 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

no, it's because of g-sync, the display has to be directly connected the the eGPU, the iGPU has no way to talk to the display.

• КрэйзиКот

Tinkerer

IronFly wrote:

have you tried to install the latest drivers from nvidia website?

if you press windows logo key + p are the duplicate or extend monitor available?

Yes. I upgraded and downgraded drivers. Tried to reset windows, internal battery. 

It receives the signal but shows the black screen and not detected by windows. 

ven98 wrote:
     Sometimes errors and BSODs appear because of that and instead of dealing with the problem, they just decided to move past it by disabling iGPU. 

I don't understand, why acer just doesn't give an option to the customer which gpu to use like other brands.

I have the Asus notebook and there are two gpu too. I didn't have any problems for 2 years of use

• Daedronus
    Daedronus Member Posts: 78 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

you can have g-synch or the intel GPU, not both, this is how things work, acer decided G-SYNCH was better for a gameing laptop (and I agree).

If you have a laptop that has g-synch it will never have the intel gpu enabled.

• ven98

Ok, I understand now. There is always something new to learn.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• IronFly

Daedronus wrote:

you can have g-synch or the intel GPU, not both, this is how things work, acer decided G-SYNCH was better for a gameing laptop (and I agree).

If you have a laptop that has g-synch it will never have the intel gpu enabled.

thanks for the info!

• WinterGale
    WinterGale Member Posts: 24 Networker

Are you talking about laptops that have g-sync support on their internal or native (I don't know the proper technical term) monitors/screens? Because my Predator has G-Sync monitor support and an iGPU (that isn't disabled).

• ven98

We are taliing about the laptop's screen, because the first generation G9 models don't have G-sync on their screens.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• dwfloydian
    dwfloydian Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter

Thanks for that info Daedronus. It definitely makes sense.

• КрэйзиКот

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

I didn't find the reason why my predator refuses to work with one of my external monitor.

So I just bought HDMI to VGA adapter and now it is working without problems.

And since we found out that Intel HD graphics "maybe" disabled for the sake of g-sync support I think this topic may be closed.