Switch Alpha 12 Pen not working

draexo
draexo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Purchased an Alpha Switch 12 which came with an Active Pen. 

The pen does not seem to be recognized.  I tested the battery and it was dead so I purchased new batteries on Amazon and now I have power to the pen.  However, either I do not know how to use the pen or there is a missing driver or something as the unit does not recognize the pen.  I see no pen driver in devices.  I do have the Hover software installed and the clicks are assigned but do not do anything when I click.  I suspect I am missing the driver but I am not sure. 

Answers

• jeffmx5
    jeffmx5 Member Posts: 3 New User

I'm having the same issue. The pen has a good battery but it isn't detected be the Alpha Switch 12.

• draexo
    draexo Member Posts: 2 New User

In my situation the battery arrived installed backwards.  So when I replaced the battery I installed it the way I received it - which was backwards.  After a while I realized the battery was incorrect.  I then placed the new battery the correct way and after a few minutes (10??) it started working.  I was called away right after installing the battery correctly and it did not seem to work but upon returning to my work area it worked.

• jeffmx5

Thanks for that tip. Which way is the right way? The picture on my package had the + toward the tip of the pen. Is that the orientation that worked for you?

• 1neStepJourney
    1neStepJourney Member Posts: 1 New User

Did you ever fix this? My pen stopped working after 3 days of use. No response after switching the AAAA battery. A thread about the Switch 10's stylus says that putting a small crumpled piece of aluminum on top of the pen's inner spring made it respond again. This did not work for me. 

• jeffmx5

In my case, they sent the wrong pen the first time. I emailed support and the sent me the correct pen, and I've not had any trouble with the new pen.