Customer Service - or lack thereof

Tom45
Tom45 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

i called Acer support for assistance, was put to AnswersBy hotline.  today i received call back by Acer - not Answers - with the number blocked - wanting to know if issue was resolved.  when i told rep what issue was, that Answers wanted $200 to fix a driver issue that is wide known on chat boards, etc.  that i would purchase new computer rather than pay that amount for something that Acer should provide.  the person - male - then told me 'WE DON'T WANT CUSTOMERS LIKE YOU.  GOODBYE' and then hung up.

EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Comments

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Hi Tom45,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, I'll be glad to review and see where I can help. Could you send me a private message with your serial number or any case number you may have?

Thanks,

Acer-Karp

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • IllinoisAcer
    IllinoisAcer Member Posts: 4 New User

I had a chat with technical support. Bought a Revo computer just a few months ago. Finally got around to setting it up. Didn't realize it only had a OS called Open DOS, obviously a token OS because they didn't install Windows OS to save money. Unfortunately the technician couldn't help me on setting up secure boot or installing Windows. In fact the person seemed unaware of what Open Dos was and tried to tell me just to install Chrome browser. Totally clueless the chat support person offered to excelate the problem to a mid level technician who would call the next day. Well the next day came and went and no call. I manged to figure most of the Windows install out not thanks to Acer support. I completely agree, Acer has no support and the support it does have isn't even familiar with its products. Its no wonder Acer continues to slip in the marketplace. I actually like many of their designs, and I like the Revo I purchased. But I am glad I can solve many of my own problems. Because it's no use asking Acer support for help. I deal with several PC companies, Dell,HP, Apple, Acer, Lenovo. All but Acer have really tried to improve support and have enacted much better support in the last few years. I gues those are the companies to give more of my business too.