Aspire VN7-591G - Nvidia Kernel crash after reinstall of Win8.1

yiinn
yiinn Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi all,

I have just reinstalled Windows 8.1 on my Aspire VN7-591G-70FH. I only reinstalled windows as after 2 years of running i was running out of space on my 60GB SSD.

I reinstalled windows and installed all the drivers available for my laptop from the Acer support site.

The laptop boots and runs fine but will not run any games stating that the Driver crashed/recovered I have tried using the VGA drivers from Acer and the newest and oldest drivers available from the Nvidia site.

The only time it did run games after the reinstall was before i installed the Nvidia drivers so it was just running off the build in IntelHD.

I did some reading about a TdrDelay value I can add to the registry, I tried this and resolved nothing.

Does anyone have any other suggestions I can try??

Thanks

Answers

• yiinn

I have since tried a fresh install of both windows 8.1 and 10

Again with and without windows updates. OEM drivers as well as more recent releases from nvidia, Using DDU each time with and without GeForce experience.

Setting 3D to use nvidia adapter at all times.

Underclocking incrementally using msi afterburner

Attempting to use TdrDelay registry entry with various settings..

One thing that does seem to seem odd is that I am sure that the screen was detected properly before the initial reinstall where as now it simply states a uPnP screen.
    Is it possible that the screen not being correctly detected could be causing the problem?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you can try to uninstall the PnP monitor from Device manager and check if windows is able to find other drivers or try a drivers update.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • yiinn

Thanks ACE Trailblazer.

I tried that with no luck unfortunately. I am ready to accept defeat and sell laptop..