Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Left hinge broken - broken screen/laptop not working

TJ4TJ4 Posts: 2Member

Hi there - I have an Aspire V5 touchscreen - when I went to close the lid, the screen cracked and I spotted that the left hinge has come apart (risen and cracked the screen). Now the laptop wont work (touch screen is flashing, mouse doesnt work - exactly the same issue as the other posts on this forum). I see on this forum and google search that this is fairly common with Acer laptops (going back to 2010) and wondering why this wasnt fixed.

Has there been a recall on this, does anyone know?  I see from a google search that HP fixed a design flaw on their laptops to stop this from happening once it was reported, several years ago (2008) (I wish I had known about this problem before I purchased). If you google that you'll get the information. 

I've only had my laptop a couple of years. I take excellent care of my laptops, and never had this issue. (I dont travel with it, and dont close the lid often - it sits stationary on my desk and is only 2 years old).  

I've sent emails out to my friends working in technology this afternoon - and so far no one has ever had this issue although no one has Acer.  Its a huge inconvenience as I use this laptop for work.  So I'm just waiting to hear back from Acer.

Any suggestions on getting this fixed or replaced asap?

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online196

Acer-Brad
Acer-Brad
Acer-Tim
Acer-Tim
Bkmurder101
Bkmurder101
brummyfan2
brummyfan2
casual_t
casual_t
dubmed
dubmed
gAll
gAll
HaPeKna
HaPeKna
IVAN_PC
IVAN_PC
kikkegek
kikkegek
SOCHTIG
SOCHTIG
XmallowmanX
XmallowmanX
+184 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcements

Maintenance Notice:

The Acer Community Maintenance has ended! We apologize for the delay and would like to thank everyone for their patience. We're still ironing out some details but you're more than welcome to explore! Stay tuned to the Announcements section as we'll be updating it regularly to keep you informed about the changes.

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Member Highlight

Look at ven98 go! Raising up the ranks, helping other users in the Predator forums. Thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 760

Total Points:147

Total Accepted Answers: 0

ven98

Practitioner