Acer Aspire v3-574G stuck on Acer Logo

rayrenz
rayrenz Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

This morning I turned on my laptop and it booted normally to the lock screen. Before I was able to log in or enter my password, it suddenly went off. When I turned it on again it got stuck after the Acer Logo displaying nothing but the screen is on because I can see the backlight. I forced it off by pressing the power button for 5 secs. then turned it on again. This time it gets stuck on the Acer logo. It won't respond to any keyboard input like BIOS or advanced startup options. My laptop is over the 1-year warranty period so I'm thinking about repairing it myself. I had it repaired about a year ago, about this time also when the LCD got defective. They replaced the LCD screen with a new one and it was free of charge because it is an obvious failure of the component. I am thinking now of troubleshooting it myself and removing the warranty sticker. I hope somebody could help me resolve this problem. I hope I won't lose any data. I'm thinking maybe it's the RAM.

I usually use it for gaming, web surfing, programming. Recently my AC adapter is having error when the charging status would be turning on and off. It seemed to be supplying not enough power whenever I'm gaming. I keep my laptop cool with a laptop cooling fan because it gets too hot whenever I'm playing. It's only a year and five months since I bought it.

Answers

• rayrenz
    rayrenz Member Posts: 3 New User

I tried to boot without the hard drive and it would only display.No_Bootable_Device_Found_1

Tried any keys to open the BIOS but no luck. Tried F2, Esc, F8, and Del.

I also tried to reset the BIOS settings by removing the CMOS battery for more than 5 minutes but still the same problem.

The RAM seems OK because it won't display anything if removed and the logo would display when booting with the RAM.