H277HU won't wake up (OSX w HDMI)

souness55
souness55 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives

I have a simple query. Running macOS Sierra 10.12.4 with a early 2013 MacBook pro. After 4 months of satisfactorily working my H277HU display has suddenly stopped working. When my mac goes to sleep, it won't wake up the external monitor (driven via HDMI cable). Bizarrely unplugging the monitor power cable from the back of the display doesn't help. BUT unplugging the plug (into the electricity socket) DOES after several tries. Is there a driver update to fix for OSX? The website is only Windows friendly. Very annoying.

Answers

• souness55
    souness55 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have exactly the same problem. Very erratic! And have same problem whether using a 2013 macbook pro or 2015 macbook. Is there a solution?

• d96toveg
    d96toveg Member Posts: 1 New User
    Did anyone find a solution to this?
    I'm using a Lenovo thinkpad as well as a macbook with H277HU display. it worked great for a long time but no more. 
    Sometimes if I pull out and then plug in the power cord for about 30 times it sometimes starts working. Any ideas??
  • VoidPointer
    VoidPointer Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am now facing that same problem since about two weeks. Both with 2015 and a 2018 MacBook Pro. The older connects through DP and the newer through USB-C. A lot of the time, the monitor just doesn't detect when a computer is woken up or is newly connected. Sometimes, it does but most of the time, it doesn't. It has been working fine since July 2017...
  • scottwn
    scottwn Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same problem. The monitor worked fine with OSX via HDMI for about a year. Suddenly, it's just black no matter what I do. There appears to be no way to access internal monitor settings or get anything to appear on the display, but the weird thing is that my MacBook Pro correctly detects the HDMI connection and thinks the monitor is connected. Any ideas?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    If you can't access the onscreen menu then it's a hardware issue with the monitor, not a configuration issue with the HDMI signal.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • captainsmiley
    captainsmiley Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same problem. Changing the AC adapter solved the issue ;) 
  • gmarti
    gmarti Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem. No problem when screen was connected on my Macbook via USB-C but ...
    the monitor screen menu is not working and the monitor does not wake-up when connected via HDMI. Any idea?