Acer VX 15 BIOS 1.03 Issues found

Nirvash
Nirvash Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi ! I hope Acer to see this, because I think that I found a problem in the BIOS 1.03 update for the VX5/15 wich is causing issues to BD_PROCHOT in both models (i5/i7 versions).

SInce I've updated my BIOS to that version, BD_PROCHOT is not working properly, sometimes it keeps my CPU working at 0.78GHz (full charge and high performance profile) until I plug the AC Adapter (where the module starts working normally again), later, unpluggind the charger it keeps working with normal clocks, even using High Performance mode and running in low battery.

I've tested this scenario in the i7 and i5 models. I have the i7 7700HQ model and did notice this happening after the BIOS update, so I asked to a friend who has the i5 version and after the update his CPU clocks were unstable and getting stuck until he plug the AC adapter / do a battery reset or forcing BD_PROCHOT off through ThrottleStop software.

Additional info (and resume):
-This happens randomly when the laptop is turned on with any percentage of battery and energy profile setted in Windows.

-This is getting fixed: plugging the AC adapter / do a battery reset or forcing BD_PROCHOT off through ThrottleStop software

-This isn't related to temperatures, even in IDLE or Full Charge state.

-GPU Clocks aren't getting stuck (and even any other component), only CPU results affected.