Warranty Complaint

Options
cassman5
cassman5 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

We have a defective lap top that crashed on 04-24-2017, we took it to Costco in Brandon Florida (where we purchased it) and dpoek to the manager whom advised to call Costco Conceriege by phone.  Costco Concierge stated that they could do an exchange all we needed was to call Acer to have them do a diagnostic repair by phone and type in the notes "warranty switch out/ warranty replacement" This will allow to Costco and Acer to deal with the unit behind the scenes and allow us (as business owners) to not be inconcenienced.  We then called Acer and spoke to several customer service reps and they acknowledged that after diagnotic repair- FAILED.  Then they requested we mail it in for diagnostic repair.  We were told it would only take up to 7 days to get computer back, but in reality we received the computer back over 2 weeks later and this time with a broken space bar (which was working prior to us shipping it to you).  We feel this particular model lap top is defective, we are simply requesting a new year model of like computer.  Our confidence in this brand has deminished.  This is used solely for my business and for me to be without a computer for this length of time is not accaptable.  We attempted to call Acer again today 5-8-2017 to have them type in notes "defective unit" to allow Costco Conceirge to replace the computer but they refused.  The agent I spoke to was a Floor Manager, ********* , employee ID # *********, When I asked to speak to someone higher- they refused.  When I asked for their supervisors name-they refused.  The only option he provided was to voice my complaint online.  It then took customer service 13 minutes to figure out how to voice complaint online.  Only to find out I had to create a log in to voice a complaint.  I have never heard of any company that requires a log in to voice a complaint.  PLEASE HELP.  I need an operable computer.  

[private information removed]

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

Unfortunately if the issue was not resolved via social media or through Acer support, you would need to send the unit to repair. We understand that having to send the unit in for repair is not the ideal solution, but it is how we can assist further with this issue.

Please contact Acer repair center in your region to find out how to send the unit to repair.

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.