Switch Alpha 12--won't power up (no power indicator)

Options
2»

Answers

• abhi_123
    abhi_123 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi guys,

I'm facing this issue too frequently and I spend for the repairing costs.
    Has anyone found a solution? I don't want to keep spending on the repair costs , already sick of it.
    Any leads or help is highly appreciated  

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    A few users have reported that simply re-seating the battery connector on the mainboard resolves the issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Orangedesk
    Orangedesk Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Thanks to your post on this issue, me too have the same problem. You gave me an idea. I tried to fix my Switch Alpha 12 by opening the laptop. There are two screws on both sides covered by a small tape with the same silver color. Open it by preying and disconnect the battery for 10 seconds and connect back. Switch on and there you go, it works on mine. Acer could have just avoided this problem by adding a reset button.
  • Bldgdr
    Bldgdr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I was continually having this problem when I had my Switch connected to a docking station and charging through the USB-C port. I would have to put it in the freezer for 3 days every once in a while. Got frustrated enough that I replaced it with a surface 4. Moved the Switch 12 to a different desk where I have to hook it up to it's original power supply. Been over 6 months now with no trouble. I think it is related to charging through the USB-C Port. Let the battery drain, plug it into the original power supply and you should be good.