Acer Aspire E 15 E5-574G-516G

Options
Nipurna
Nipurna Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have encountered the following problem after updating the latest version of Windows 10 Insider .
The boot screen says " Can not install Windows" and asks me to restart .After restarting the same error appears and I am stuck in that loop.
Then I tried the recovery option .
First I looked for system restore point but unfortunately I had no any restore points .
Then I tried the safe mode . But the same error appears .
After that I did a Startup Repair and after diagnosing It says " Startup Repair couldn't repair your pc " and it had following message at the bottom " Log file :C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt "
Then I searched for that error and found a command prompt fix .So I proceed as mentioned in that post .
I ran the command prompt .Then typed as in following order .
1. C:
2. chkdsk/f
Then following message appeared " The type of file is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. Chkdsk cannot run ......force a dismount on this volume? (Y/N)
3 . Y
4 . After examining for 3 stages following results came .
Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action required.
At the last " Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50. "
5 . Then I restarted my laptop and The same error " Windows couldn't not complete the installation " appeared .
6. :-(

I have no installtion discs or recovery drives .I have many important files in my computer so I can't risk losing them .Please help me to solve this problem as soon as possible.
Thank you
Kind regards,
Nipurna 

[edited for privacy - THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM - please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers