Bluetooth Functionality (Aspire V3-731-4854)

NightHawk126
NightHawk126 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

I bought this laptop from a friend (2nd hand purchase) a few years ago). I did not get the user manual at that time from him. I am desiring to know if Bluetooth is an option. I can not find this information anywhere in the settings. I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones I'd like to pair with this machine if possible.

If anyone knows whether this laptop has Bluetooth functionality (or how I can find out myself), as well as what I need to do in order to enable it please feel free to chime in. I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks!

*** --- Think I'll just try downloading the Bluetooth driver and see what happens. Just wish I knew which one to install since there are 2 of them showing up on this site as possible driver download options --- ***

UPDATE ... I can now see the Bluetooth option in the settings. However it is GREYED OUT. Does anyone know if there is another way to fix this other than to perform a BIOS update. I did try Fn+F3 (but did this on a Restart, not a complete Shut-Down). It did not work, but this might be because I may have hit Fn too late (and was not repeatedly tapping the F3 key when I first saw the logo).