Laptop Freezes and Disconnects From Wifi (Acer Aspire E5-571)

RoseA
RoseA Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I currently have an Acer Aspire E5-571 that I have been using for about a year and a half. Recently, the laptop would randomly freeze, even though I only surf the internet. Then, at the same time the wifi would disconnect and would refuse to connect again. It is not my router at fault because the same thing occurred with different other wifi networks. I completely reset it but had the same problems. I tried troubleshooting and they said that the wifi adapter was broken. I replaced the wifi adapter but the same thing happened. I also updated the Intel driver but nothing changed.

Other details that may be relevant:

•  Disk is sometimes 80%-95% even when there's only 0.1mb
  •  Laptop temperature is about 40-55 degrees, and all I do is surf the internet
  • When the laptop disconnects from wifi, restarting it or turning "wifi" on and off may reconnect it 
  • I did not download any viruses or any other content before this started happening. I scanned it for viruses and nothing came up.
  • I tried restarting the laptop after it froze one time and it showed the blue screen with the Smiley Sad face.
  • When disconnected, there are no available networks listed when you click the wifi icon on the right side of the taskbar.
  • Wifi adapter said "disabled" and couldn't enable itself

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Answers

• dak2014
    dak2014 Member Posts: 75 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hmm thats very weird. If it has nothing to do with your Router then have you tried Clean reinstalling Windows on your Laptop? Maybe your driver is corrupted for some reason.

• RoseA
    RoseA Member Posts: 2 New User

Yes I have. I did it myself and even went to a professional to do it for me, but the problems still occurred after both occassions. 

• dak2014
    dak2014 Member Posts: 75 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Well, to your other issues about the other details:

When it is at 80% - 95%, there might be a Windows update going on in the background and Installing it.

Laptop temperature is fine for what you are doing.

"When the laptop disconnects from wifi, restarting it or turning "wifi" on and off may reconnect it"

Maybe try and update or roll-back the Wifi driver?

When there is no networks listed, does disconnecting and reconnecting the wifi driver make it work again?