Acer BYOC

Variety1969
Variety1969 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello all:

I recently had an issue with my PC so I contacted WIndows. They helped me correct the problem but now everytime I turn on my PC this message comes up "Start Experiencing Acer BYOC apps and services" with a box to click yes and cancel. I think this is something that I can use to connect my PC to my Smartphone etc.....but I don't want to. I click Cancel but it keeps coming up every single time I turn my PC on and it is annoying. One day, to see what would happen, I clicked Yes. The security box "would you like to allow such and such to make changes to your computer" I clicked Yes, but nothing happenned and I still get the same apps and services message. I am not the type of person who stares at my phone all day hunched over my my thumbs curled wacking away at the Qwerty. I don't share what I had for lunch to everyone on my friends list (with pictures) or what I am going to have for dinner (pictures to follow) and I really don't care what my friends (or just people who are connected to me because we went to high school together (Um, don't you remember what a ***** you were to me back then? Why in the heck would I want to even look at your face now?) had for lunch (with pictures) or what cute thing their bratty kids (from 4 different fathers) did either. So, how do I make this message stop. I do not want to connect my PC to my phone or be bothered with endless apps and services.

Thanks for your help :-) Lynn

Answers

• DoraWang
    DoraWang Member Posts: 15 New User

Hi Variety1969,

We are honored by the support you have given Acer products and apologize for any caused you inconvenience. With regards to the message about "Star to experience Acer BYOC apps and services" on your PC and you don't need abApps, please go to [Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features], uninstall Acer Portal/abDocs/abPhoto/abMusic/abFiles and [AOP Framework]. After that, any message about Acer BYOC Apps won't show up again.

If you want to use abApps in future, I suggest you can go to Acer BYOC website to download them by the Online Help.

Hope it will help you!

Acer BYOC Apps Support