Can't call out on Liquid Jade Primo

RDoull
RDoull Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

wonder if anyone else has had this problem. I have just purchased an Acer Liquid Jade Primo, but I cannot make outgoing calls or use mobile data. I can receive calls and send/receive texts. I am on EE, I have called the network and they have tried everything they can think of including changing sim card. The sim works in my old no problem so it is not signal problem. I have also changed the phone itself so it seems the problem is inherent in the phone not a fault with the first one. Is the Acer Liquid Jade Primo not compatible with EE network?

Answers

• RDoull
    RDoull Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks. Reset and installed windows insider but it seems like this app is not supported on the Liquid Jaade Primo.

Any adive would be appriciated.

Thanks again

• luke_singer
    luke_singer Member Posts: 54 Die Hard WiFi Icon

You have to wait a few hours until the server is ready to see you as Insider, then retry

• chillies
    chillies Member Posts: 5 New User
    Hi all, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but all of a sudden my outgoing calls when SIM is set to 4G just drop immediately. Only work around is to go into SIM settings and manually change to 3G for the call, which is not practical in the long run.
    The phone has the Anniversary update. I have hard reset the phone, but same problem.
    I also have a back-up Primo handset, and swapped SIM into that. Exact same problem! I then dug out my trusty old Nokia 830 and of course there was no issue, all worked just fine.
    Is this an issue with the Primo's 4G/3G antennae being faulty. Any other thoughts or ideas? And given Acer zero support, is this the end of the line?

Cheers, Simon
  • luke_singer
    edited April 2018
    Try to install the latest build 14393.2189 via Interop Tools using the registry values from Lumia 730 Dual Sim:
    HKLM\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo
    PhoneHardwareVariant: RM-1040
    PhoneManufacturer: NOKIA
    PhoneManufacturerModelName: RM-1040_1020
    PhoneModelName: Lumia 730 Dual Sim
    After the update, you have to restore the original keys from Acer.
  • chillies
    Luke is your Interop tools suggestion a specifically known fix for the call dropped problem or is it something you suggest that might work as a general 'try it and see if it works'?

I'm just thinking that registry changes might be over kill for this issue? But happy to give it a go if it has been known to fix the issue.
  • luke_singer
    edited April 2018
    I only used the most recent builds (14393.953 and above) and never had this issue
  • chillies
    Is there a step by step tutorial that takes you through what Interop Tools to install, and then how to make these registry changes? I'm willing to give this a go but am confused how to go about this. Cheers
  • luke_singer
    To install the latest cumulative update for Acer Liquid Jade Primo on Anniversary Update, follow these easy steps:
    From your PC
    1. Download InteropTools.zip from your PC, extract the file InteropToolsApp_1.9.437.0_arm.appxbundle and copy it on your OneDrive
    From your Phone
    2. Go on your phone and download the InteropToolsApp_1.9.437.0_arm.appxbundle file from OneDrive, putting it into your phone (for example in the Downloads folder)
    3. Enable the Developer mode: Settings -> Update & Security -> For developers -> Developer mode
    4. Open "File explorer" app, launch the InteropToolsApp_1.9.437.0_arm.appxbundle file, press OK to confirm and wait a few minutes
    5. Now the Interop Tools app should be installed, you can launch it
    6. Open the "Registry browser" section and go to HKLM\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo
    7. Edit the following keys with these new values:

PhoneHardwareVariant: RM-1040
    PhoneManufacturer: NOKIA
    PhoneManufacturerModelName: RM-1040_1020
    PhoneModelName: Lumia 730 Dual Sim

8. Now you can restart your phone and Check for updates. You'll receive the latest build 14393.2189
    9. After the update, you can open Interop Tools and restore the keys to the original values, uninstall Interop Tools, disable the Developer mode and finally restart your phone
  • chillies
    Thanks Luke for the comprehensive info, and I've managed to follow it perfectly to achieve build 14393.2189. Unfortunately, as I thought, it hasn't made any difference to the calls dropped issue. I think there's a firmware problem with the handset (and bear in mind I have a back-up Primo which has the same problem). Could Acer have pushed out some sort of update which has screwed up the 4G antenna's ability to give way to 3G when making calls? BTW, incoming calls receive just fine.

I'm at my wits end here. It's not right that I have to manually set 3G in SIM settings just to make calls. If I can't resolve it soon I'll have to chop in these Acer handsets.
  • chillies
    Folks, thanks for all the useful info, but I'm leaving the Acer fold. I'm a business user and can't work properly with the issues I've had to date. Not auto-switching 4G/3G on calls is a significant fail, and plus, my phone random resets at the most embarrassing moments and can take 10 mins to sort itself out. E.g just before a business Skype call! Big no no. So farewell Acer, the handset is lovely to look at but the internals don't work properly. Looks like there will be a couple of used handsets and Continuum docks making their way onto the Bay of cheap and plenty.
    Hello HP Elite X3, with proper functionality and support :)