need help resetting laptop

Options
helpmeplzacer
helpmeplzacer Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

i'm sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong place

i have an acer "aspire v5-552p-x404" laptop and its pretty much always had problems with overheating since i got it two years ago

recently it got a lot worse, to the point where my laptop would overheat before it even booted up half the time. i read that resetting the laptop to factory settings can help solve problems so i decided, why not, my laptop is pretty much unuseable at this point anyways. this was my first mistake. 

it was going well at first until my laptop overheated and shut off while it was resetting, yikes. so i turned it back on and the acer screen showed up and then the screen was black for a few seconds before shutting down again. so i googled what to do (probably another mistake) and i read that pressing alt + f10 while it's on the acer screen will allow me to reset it. so i tried this but it does one of two things each time i try. either it will just have the same black screen and shut off as before, or it will say 'please wait' and then give the blue, 'your pc ran into an error' screen and reset. 

please help me, i should probably stop trying random stuff and hoping it work because i'm making this worse. 

thank you