R3-131T Static Noise coming from Headphones during Network file transfers.

vinniemac
vinniemac Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Okay guys,

My system specs before I start:

Acer Aspire R3-131T

Windows 10 Pro 1703 (Build 15063.14)

Intel Pentium N3700

8GB DDR3L

120GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD

Intel AC 8260 Wireless Card

I kind of know the answer to this and unfortunately there may not be anything I can do about it.

So the scenario is:

1. Indulging in some music, whether it be MP3, Spotify, Youtube locally on my laptop (Headphones plugged in of course)

2. Deciding to clean up some files on my laptop and transfer them to my NAS.

Now, for the duration of these file transfers there is a static, very loud in the headphones. None before starting the file transfer and none when the file transfer is complete.

I thought initially this was the processor spiking or rather (Boosting) to offset the performance power needed for demanding tasks however this is not the case as it only happens when I am transferring across my local area network. If I run a demanding task locally (Lets take an AIDA64 Stress test on the CPU) then I get no problems.

I thought it may be the Wireless drivers, so updated and downgraded etc but no joy. Likewise with the Soundcard drivers.

It is not the issue with the Audio driver and touchpad that these units used to get out of the box as they drivers are now fully updated (In any case the issue was caused by the FMAPP.exe file running, which is for the purified voice for the microphone)

This seems to lead to one conclusion. It is simply no EMI protection across the Audio circuits. That is to say the Wireless when operational at high speed causes EMI that the Audio chip is picking up on.

Looking at the board the Realtek Audio chip is tiny with not a supressor in sight.

I am curious if other users can replicate this and if so did you manage to solve the issue and what was the solution?

so...

Put some music on. MP3, Youtube

Start a file transfer across the local network to a NAS (Large file will do to test)

Check your headphones for the above noise.

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Vince