ACER G9 591 73J7 - Cannot install nVidia drivers

Rares95
Rares95 Member Posts: 120 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I just got my laptop today, and I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to install the nVidia Graphics Driver for this unit. I have 2 graphics drivers in folders marked:

NVIDIA NVIDIA VGA-MANUAL N17E-G1

NVIDIA NVIDIA VGA-MANUAL N17E-G2

Neither will work. The latest drivers won't work.

They all give me an error that NVIDIA Installer cannot continue. The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware. I can't find any video adapters in Drive Manager, though through HWiNFO64 I can. Also, sometimes the display will just turn off when I'm connected with Teamviewer or when it's simply idle. I can still see the screen in Teamviewer when it happens, and in HWiNFO I just see a blank item where the video adapter used to be.

I am running genuine Windows 10, and I updated the laptop to the latest bios. Any help would be appreciated!

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer

Hello,

Try to update the driver via Nvidia GeForce Experience.

France
  • Rares95

Can't install GeForce experience either, getting a similar error - Nvidia GeForce experience requires an NVIDIA GPU.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer
    • Go to Device Manager
    • Expand Display adapters

I think you should have Microsoft basic display adapter.

France
  • Rares95

I found it just after posting, and yes it was there. It said some cable was unplugged, then I tried to update it and then I uninstalled it. After that I restarted to apply more Windows Updates, and the Updates seem to have fixed the issue, and now I installed GeForce Experience Smiley Happy

I am curious what would've been the steps if Windows Updates haven't fixed it Smiley Very Happy

• runboy93
    runboy93 Member Posts: 53 Devotee WiFi Icon
    It's somewhat funny you need to install Intel GPU drivers, before you can go for Nvidia drivers.

Sorry reply for this old topic.