Predator AG3620 SATA 3 support

Options
savatage1
savatage1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello all.

I am close to ordering an Acer Predator AC3620-UE308 but I am having a hard time finding information on the motherboard that comes with this system.

Can anyone tell me for sure if it supports SATA 3 (6 gb/sec), and if so, how many of the ports will support it?

I would also like to see a more technical manual than the PDF in the Support section.  Where can I get some deeper info on this product?

Thanks!

Answers

• Travis-Acer
    Travis-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 681 Acer Crew
    Options

The Aspire Predator G3620 features 1 - SATA 6 Gb/s and 5 - SATA 3Gb/s.

• miamifreediver
    miamifreediver Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Thanks for the info. I have been unable to find any manuals for the Predator AG3620 that show which of the ports supports the 6 GB rate. They are not labeled by speed, but rather numerically. Any idea which is the 6 GB/s port?

Many thanks.

• Vengaence
    Vengaence Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

The SATA ports are color coded on the board, the blue connector is SATA 3 6.0, the other 5 are black and are SATA 2 3.0.   There is actually some white silk screen print on the motherboard stating the same.  By default, the primary drive in the system (the disk in which windows is installed on) will usually be plugged into the SATA 3 6.0 from the factory.

As for what type of board the AG3620 comes with, it's an acer branded board (made by a big board manufacturer for acer and rebranded).  I'm not sure which company makes it, but it does use an intel B75 chipset (south bridge).  It's a micro-atx board with 1 PCI-e full 16x slot and 3 PCI-e 1x slots.  

This discussion has been closed.