HDMI Input Blank on XB271HU

timakudo
timakudo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives

I have a XB271HU with DP to my Windows compute (G-Sync gaming) and a HDMI input to my work MacBook Pro for when I need to do work and want the second display. Whenever I switch the input to the MacBook Pro, I encounter a blank (black) screen that blinks from time to time and the computer thinks it's displaying content to the monitor without an issue. Windows machine has no problem through Display Port. 

Reseating the HDMI cable in my MacBook Pro adaptor a couple of times fixes the issue until the screen goes to sleep. When I need to use the computer again and the screen wakes, it returns to the blank screen and I have to repeat this process each time. Once it works, it does for the duration. 

I have tested a known good cable, as well as the same display adaptor and computer with a monitor at work and there's no issue. Admittedly I haven't tested the monitor with anothr HDMI device yet. 

I haven't played around with settings in the monitor yet. Is there anything I can do about this? Any known issues or tweaks to avoid this that anyone is aware of? Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers. timakudo

Answers

• LeBlackNight
    LeBlackNight Member Posts: 1 New User

I am adding to this thread, as I recently picked up this monitor (XB271HU bmiprz) and I am having the same issue. I have my gaming PC connected to the DP connection, which works fine. My work laptop is connected to the HDMI input and it works when I initially connect it, but when the screen goes to sleep (laptop goes to sleep), then I can wake the laptop back up but the monitor stays black. For me, I have to hit the power button to turn off the monitor once I switch over to HDMI and then power it back on again. This is extremely annoying for such an expensive device. Is there a firmware update or something that might fix this wake issue?

• konorlevich
    konorlevich Member Posts: 1 New User
    The same issue with some addition

I have to change input source after waking up my MacBook Pro

Today I connected the monitor to the MacBook as usual, but it did not work

I've tried to connect two laptops 
    Razer Blade DP->mDP, all is good
    Razer Blade HDMI, "No signal"
    ThinkPad DP->mDP, all is good
    ThinkPad HDMI, "No signal"

After that I found hdmi->mDP adapter
    It works!