My acer aspire 7520G wont turn on.

Options
Lampenkap
Lampenkap Member Posts: 3 New User

Dear sir,

I have an Acer Aspire 7520G. With Windows vista on it.

It won't turn on any more. When I turn it on, the button gets green. the fan starts. But after 4 seconds its shuts down.

And after a while it starts. And shuts down as the first time. This keeps happening.

I searched the problem on internet. And it seems to be a common problem with this model. It has to do something with heat.

I was very happy with my laptop. What can I do to solve this problem? And is there anything Acer will do about is, because many people had this problem??

Thanks in advance.

Lampenkap.

Answers

• alicepattinson
    alicepattinson Member Posts: 160 Troubleshooter
    Options

Yes, go to Acer immediately and they will fix it for you. Or better yet go to a trusted technician Smiley Happy

• Lampenkap
    Options

Do I have to pay for this repair?? I hope not, because this is a verry common problem.

• piftho
    piftho Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Try first to check the FAN.

When you turn on the PC listen for the FAN - is it working.

I have other experiance with lenovo t models - remove power supply, remove battery, press and hold power button for arround 10 seconds. THen baterry back, power supply also and then try to power the laptop up.

If you think it is something with the cooling you ca also "blow" it with air to see if there is dirt in the fan - offcorce without to dismount or remove some parts.

• filter
    filter Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

This Acer Aspire model is notorious for this type of problem, which in older models is normally due to repeated overheating. How old is your laptop? If it is no longer in warranty, then your repair options can be quite costly. I had a an Acer Aspire 7540G which after 2 years use suddenly gave me the same problem. 

• filter
    filter Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The problem is that the video chipset (GPU) is failing. This GPU is built into the laptop’s motherboard. The rest of the motherboard is working normally, which is why you can turn the computer on and see the LEDs light up. However, because the fault originates from the built-in video chipset, the computer will give you no display - even when plugged into an external monitor. I went to fixyourlaptopyourself.com to resolve my problem with this laptop. Unusual technique, but it worked.

• Lampenkap
    Options

Hi All,

I know what the problem is. You also can find it on internet.

It is an design fault. And not one, which is caused by the costumer.

The laptop did not made 2 years of working.

My a pinion is that Acer should resolve the problem, without any cost for the costumer.

A good brand is not only when the hardware is oke. Good support counts even bigger.

This discussion has been closed.