Microphone quality VN7-572G

Tia
Tia Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

I have found several threads about the topic but I didn't find any solution working for me. One day the microphone of my VN7-572G laptop stopped working; after some fighting and reinstalling of the drivers it is now back, but the recording sound quality is so bad that other people can barely understand me (for example over skype). On the other hand, by using an external microphone the quality of my voice is good. I am pretty sure that it is a driver problem, but I am unable to solve it. I have already installed the latest drivers (Audio Realtek 6.0.1.7910), but nothing changed. For some reason, the internal microphone (but not the external one) uses Intel Smart Sound Technology (see photo) and I can't change it to Realtek. Any idea?

Immagine.jpg

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

Go to Device manager, expand Audio Inputs and outputs, highlight Microphone, right click and select Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let windows install the driver.

Capture.JPG

• Tia

Thanks for the answer, but unfortunately it did not work. After rebooting I have the same devices and drivers as before

Immagine.jpg

• Tia

A small update and an additional question. I have read that a similar problem has been solved by installing the latest BIOS, so I have tried the same, but for all the versions currently available for download from Acer website I got this message while trying installing: "This BIOS is not for your notebook PC". Any idea why?

• Whalefog
    Whalefog Member Posts: 3 New User
    Any solutions? I have a similar issue and am about to send my computer to acer for repair since their call center couldn't figure out what was wrong.