aspire 4752G not booting and "black screen" after BIOS update.

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,574 Trailblazer
    Options

Does the USB led show ***any activity whatsoever*** when you press & hold Fn+Esc and then press the power button? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• robinringku
    robinringku Member Posts: 13 New User
    Options
  • robinringku
    robinringku Member Posts: 13 New User
    Options
    Yes, the USB shows LED when I press FN+Esc and the power button. USB's LED stay like 1 or 1.5 second. After 3 or 4 second leter the USB shows LED for 1 or 1.5 second again.
    I think that's time my computer try to receive data from USB drive but can't do it.
    I waited for 10 minutes to see what happened next. But nothing. The Computers LED stayed Black.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,574 Trailblazer
    Options

OK. Let's next try to follow steps 6 thru 11 ***exactly*** the way instructed in steps 6 thru 11 on the Phoenix Bios Recovery website using the Fn+B or Win+B key combination. Do you still see about the same USB LED activity as you did with the Fn+Esc key combination? Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• kalaWang
    kalaWang Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same problem here. i did what you told to robinringku but i failed. if Fn+Esc the wincris USB's LED has activity but failed. if from the Phoenix BIOS Recovery website it fails. No USB light will not flash. 
  • Jorkata
    Jorkata Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    JackE said:

OK. Let's next try to follow steps 6 thru 11 ***exactly*** the way instructed in steps 6 thru 11 on the Phoenix Bios Recovery website using the Fn+B or Win+B key combination. Do you still see about the same USB LED activity as you did with the Fn+Esc key combination? Jack E/NJ   

Hi All,
    I have the same issue with an Aspire 4741G. Its an old laptop but I need to fix it. It is fun that the first bios on the Acer website for thsi model is insyte and from teh next version is Phoenix. I have the model with the external geforce m310. While I was flashing it the PC just switched itself off, I guess it overheated. When I switched it on it boots only to black screen. I changed the cooling, and followed the steps for the bios recovery. I have teh same pattern as above user - when you press Fn+Esc it does try to search for something on the flash drive, then does it again after some seconds but that's it. I tried all combinations of Fn+Esc, Fn+B. Win+B. The same effect. With or without battery, DVD, hard drive. I have no floppy drive but even if I had, the bios is 4mb, it will not fit. I am looking for an option to buy another motherboard, but let me know if you see any fix possible.