Predator G9-591 No speaker sound

Trasitza
Trasitza Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with sound on my Predator 15 laptop.  What happens is that the laptop is unable to produce sound from its own speakers (not foreign speakers) and is only able to do it from plugged in headphones.  The built in speakers do not seem to be broken as they worked a day ago.  The sound panel shows only one speaker device which are headphones shown as speakers (so I'm not even able to choose between headphones and speakers).  I tried reinstalling sound drivers through manual and automatic method but the High Definition Audio Device driver is still shown as broken (it has yellow exclamation point which is not fixed by reinstalling or deleting it) while second driver Realtek High Definition Audio is working fine.  Any solution to this problem?

Answers

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

there is always a failure code in one of these driver tabs like code (28).

If your audio is not damaged, you could try the following.

- Go to device manager

- find network devices

- disable both Killer Network Drivers (lan and wlan)

- uninstall audio driver

- reboot

- install audio driver

- enable all Killer Netwokr drivers

Killer devices are causing some times IRQ Less or equal BSODs. Therefore, it could also prevent Audio driver from loading.

To test if audio is still working you could start a Live CD with Linux. It usually has only sound to the right speaker, but this should work. If not ask Acer for RMA (send it back for repair).

• Cherubimzion
    Cherubimzion Member Posts: 5 New User

I'm having the same issue. Interestingly, the first predator 15 i got from Amazon had no sound from speakers, only from headset jack. After talking with Acer support it was determined I needed to send it back to Amazon for a replacement. The replacement was good, until today (13 months after purchase).

I had been watching youtube videos, went to eat and returned to find no sound. The headphone jack works, but my USB headset does not. I have tried various work fixes, including multiple driver reinstalls, and the above. I have been unsuccessful in finding a way to disable the "headphone detection" on the jack, as it seems this is a recurrent problem on this machine that this sensor fails and leaves the computer constantly thinking headphones are connected.

I'm still not sure it has all the software it needs, but I have the realtek audio drivers, several versions at this point. I don't display all the sound otpions I feel should show up in device manager. I'm close ot the point of opening the machine to see if I can disconnect the headphone jack manually but would prefer not to if avoidable.

I would appreciate a solution, soon especially since this seems to be a recurrent issue for this device.