ATC-780 verses ACT-710 core i5

Barbaric17
Barbaric17 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives

I need to purchase a new tower and having done the comparison between the two towers, can someone tell me which is the latest model out of these two towers please and has anyone had major problems with them? TIA

Best Answer

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,017 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

As far as I know,

• ATC-710: DDR3L memory
    • ATC-780: DDR4 memory so the latest model
    France
  • Inca
    Inca Member Posts: 2 New User
    Just purchased the TC 780-EB11 which has 12GB DDR4 and am experiencing issues which will require service. The DVD+-RW optical drive has been noisy as if the DVD is rubbing, sometimes takes more than one attempt to have it read. Also, whether this is due to a Microsoft update issue or not, the login page flashes on-off quickly and constantly. I have to blindly enter my access code whereupon it takes me to the desktop which continues to flash until it decides to stop flashing. It also couldn't download a recent Microsoft update. I bought this computer to replace my older desktop which had Windows 10 installed on it which froze with every Microsoft update. A Microsoft agent got the older computer working again over a 3 day period, but as soon as the next Microsoft update was processed it froze again. I was hoping that by buying this Acer computer my computer problems were solved, but that has not been the case.
    I am told it will need to be sent away for repair taking 2-3 weeks. This new computer was purchased on April 7/18.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Inca, if your computer is that new you should be able to go back to the vendor and get a replacement. It'll be much faster than sending it in for warranty repair. Most vendors allow 30 days...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.