Acer X34 - Black screen on boot. Screen buttons not working.

Cruiser
Cruiser Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello there

I ran into an issue today with my X34 ultra widescreen. While watching a youtube, the screen simply went black. I restarted the computer with windows Run menu and shutdown /r, but nothing showed on the screen.

I've tried logging in, even though I couldn't see what was going on on the screen and windows would respond with the proper windows 10 sounds (notification sounds and the like) which tells me that windows is running just fine, the screen just wont show anything.

I've tried using the screen buttons to change the input, but the screen menu doesn't show up at all when I use the screen buttons, which gives me the impression that something is seriously wrong.

I've tried unplugging the power to the entire system for around 10 mins and start up again to no avail. I'll try leaving the whole thing off overnight as some people have suggested, but I dont have big hopes for that working.

I've had the screen since december 2015 and this is the first time it pulls something like this.

I would much appreciate if anyone had any kind of idea for a fix to this problem which they could share with me.

Answers

• Cruiser
    Cruiser Member Posts: 2 New User

Okay, just got off the phone with Acer support. They declared my screen broken and told me to send it in for repairs. Guess there's not really anything that can be done then. Smiley Indifferent

Thank you for your time anyways.