The Right fan issue

GogoHeart
GogoHeart Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

So i have this vn7-791 nitro. and after 3-2 years of owning it.. i started to have problems with it.. i have this fan problem.. the fan runs for 5 seconds then turns off.. and does it again and again... and sometimes when it runs at full speed. it makes tons of noise. its seems like the fan is hitting something. and when i am playing the temp goes up to 95 celsius. i tried using notebook fancontrol.. and it didnt work. also the GPU gets limited to 0.72Ghz but i use a program called throttlestop to power it up to 3.5Ghz and it works.. but when it reaches high tempratures it goes down to 2.5Ghz. anyways.. i just need a solution for the fan problem..i have had this problem for more that a week

Best Answer

• 66Gunn58
    66Gunn58 Member Posts: 12 New User
    Answer ✓

I would open up the case and clean and check th fans. whether that help or not I do have another sugestion, I bought an external vacume style fan for 10$ and It droped my temp by half its speed is adjustable an the sound isnt bad. It's a cheap fix and it seems to work well.

WIN_20170303_03_04_53_Pro.jpgWIN_20170303_03_05_07_Pro.jpg

Answers

• 66Gunn58
    66Gunn58 Member Posts: 12 New User
    Answer ✓

I would open up the case and clean and check th fans. whether that help or not I do have another sugestion, I bought an external vacume style fan for 10$ and It droped my temp by half its speed is adjustable an the sound isnt bad. It's a cheap fix and it seems to work well.

WIN_20170303_03_04_53_Pro.jpgWIN_20170303_03_05_07_Pro.jpg

• GogoHeart
    GogoHeart Member Posts: 2 New User

That look like a solution to me.. i would rather do that instead on waiting 2weeks for the insurance company to work it out.