Acer Aspire One 14" Z1402-343F

AmyzeeRoberd
AmyzeeRoberd Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have situations with my laptop.

1) I left it sleep if im not mistaken and after few hours, tried to turn it on again, but couldn't. So i think it runs out of battery power. So I charged, and yes the light comes up and its totally red, hence no power. Then I put the power supply on and tried to turn it on, i couldnt. Black screen all the way. Tried again by pressing the power button off for few seconds and then turned them on again, same thing happened, it turns on but black screen. So I let it charged for a while. Then, I tried to turn it on again after 30 mins or so, same thing. Its on but black screen. I take off the power supply, tried to turn it on again, its on but shuts off after few seconds. Then I tried to put the power supply again, but the light indicator for the charging process is not coming up. It adds up to the problem. But I tried to turned it on with power supply, it was on but black screen. When I took off the power supply, its on but then shuts off few seconds after. I let it charge now, but no lights indication that it is charged or so. So i dont know. any solutions to this?

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Not to familiar with that system. Seems most these Acer laptops require proper battery function to power up. In past I could pull a battery from a laptop and system would still power up on the power supply only, these recent Acer systems won't do that. It might be battery failed and won't let it power up like a iPhone with bad battery. The other item could be the power brick itself failed. Some of these Acer laptops have a pin hole on bottom to reset battery. Use a paper clip and insert in the tiny hole to reset, check for that. Normally you see orange charge light indicator when plugged in, powered up or not. Blue when fully charged. A multimeter can be used to see if power supply brick is working. The voltage rating is on the brick, normally in the 19 volt dc range. Not sure where you live but near me I found Micro Center (USA chain of stores) has a "service bar" kinda like Apple Stores do that can do some quick trouble shooting while you wait,  maybe take to place like that if no luck.

• AmyzeeRoberd
    My laptop is a built in battery that is why i cannot take off the battery and try the solutions that majority being suggested for. And about the tiny hole also, I couldn't find them.
  • Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Most the battery's are built in...but not really. The bottom cover hides it making it hard to access. If you removed that you would see it lengthwise near LCD edge with a long white connector to mother board. It is held in place by the shape of the plastic. The pin hole is hard to find if it has one. On my E5-575 series it's near the air intake vents almost dead center on bottom. My first guess is to try to reset battery. If no pin hole I'm not sure if just removing that bottom cover and unplugging then plugging back in the battery would do it alone if you have the confidence to attempt it. Multi meter the power pack to see it that working? Most people do not own one but handy cheap tool to have. Maybe someone else on forum has another idea for you. Good luck.

• AmyzeeRoberd
    Will try them. Thank you so much for the help.