ATTN ACER: Please Improve your Customer Experience

claurens
claurens Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Although I see this as futile, my Acer representative encouraged me to post my feedback here and explained that this is how Acer receives feedback (could it be?). So heads up to those actually trying to troubleshoot and solve problems, this is just feedback for Acer and their Customer Support.

My Chromebook is 4 months old. From the first week it experienced periodic crashing of the Chrome OS, imdependent of how I was using the device. When I contacted Acer they said they would accept it for repairs, it would take 7-10 business days and they would ship it back to me, okay, great. Things happen, this is understandable. Unfortunately this did mean that I was without my device for 2 weeks but what option did I have? It arrived back in the promised time frame but when I booted it up, the problem had only gotten WORSE. Instead of crashing every few hours it was crashing every few SECONDS (10-20 seconds is most cases). This made it nearly impossible to even perform a Power Wash as the device would barely stay on for any time at all. So, I contacted Acer again, thinking for sure that they're replace the machine at this point, I mean it was a $200 Chromebook... but, nope. They asked that I send it in AGAIN for repairs. I needed it back by this weekend (3/2) but I had no reason to be concerned because I was told by the Acer Representative that the repair would take 7-10 days and that included shipping time. When I said that 10 business days could actually be up to 2 weeks, he said not to worry that this was just DAYS and not business days. Therefore, I had plenty of time to have the repair completed and the machine back in my hands. However the repair took far longer to complete -- the item was received on 2/13 and shipped on 3/1, 15 days, far longer than the 7-10 promised. When it was shipped back to me it was shipped using Fedex Ground, so clearly no consideration was given to the fact that they were already late. When I contacted Acer support to request that they either change the shipping address to arrive where I will be OR change the shipping speed to arrive sooner, they said there was nothing they could do. This much I understand, because obviously it is in Fedex's hands now, but how did we get in to this bind in the first place Acer? Must I remind you? And I refuse to even give them the Fedex excuse because if you have a shipper account, you can still make these changes, for a fee. 

In any case, this was a downright terrible experience and pretty darn frustrating as well.  I have to send my device in for repairs after less than 3 months of use, really? Then I have to send it in AGAIN, really? You still won't replace my device with one that works properly and just accept this one for a refurb, really? AND you take 2x longer to ship than promised, I cannot emphasize enough, REALLY?! Not to mention that this is all over a $230 Chromebook, it barely seems worth it. Unfortunately I will not be a returning Acer customer and I'm sorry Acer, I gave you more than a fair shot. Feel free to reach out, should you need any other details of this fiasco!

Best Answer

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Answer ✓

My apologies,

We can certainly use empathy towards your frustration. Unfortunately in some cases there is the need to send a device to repair in order to have the issue examined by our technicians and the the issue presenting again after repair.

Thank you for contacting us and sharing your experience through the Acer Community.

Please let us know if the issue on your Chromebook got resolved.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Answer ✓

My apologies,

We can certainly use empathy towards your frustration. Unfortunately in some cases there is the need to send a device to repair in order to have the issue examined by our technicians and the the issue presenting again after repair.

Thank you for contacting us and sharing your experience through the Acer Community.

Please let us know if the issue on your Chromebook got resolved.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • claurens
    claurens Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Acer-Karp,

Thanks for your reply. While I understand your defense, I think you've missed my point. My point is that Acer should take this burden upon themselves rather than project it on to their customer. It was a very bad experience for me and frankly, I won't be returning for future devices. If that doesn't change the way you operate then so be it, but I did what I could to make you aware of this experience. Again, I appreciate your reply.

Thank you,

Chantal