Predator 15 G9-593 permanently BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Options
Aleqh
Aleqh Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

I bought my Predator Laptop few months ago. It has Windows 10 but it never BSOD'd before.

Today, after putting my Laptop to Sleep mode for a while, I come back to turn it on and got a BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. 

Now, it keeps rebooting with the same BSOD error.

The thing is it runs up to Windows login screen, and by the time I type my password it is already BSOD'd.

I tried to restore to a previous state, but restoration was just failing randomly because of error 0x80070002 which basically means nothing to me.

The I tried to run on Safe Mode and deactivate all Startup processes and Windows Services, then somehow it worked. But with everything disabled (no audio, no wireless).

I also noticed that the crash happens at startup right at the moment the WIFI icon appears on the right bottom corner of the screen.

Currently my laptop is unusable. Does anybody have an idea how I can fix this?

Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

boot to safe mode, go to device manager, click on network adapter, rightclick the wifi adapter and choose to uninstall, tick to uninstall software too if prompted.

then try to boot normally without connecting to the web.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Aleqh
    Aleqh Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Thank you very much!

I managed to boot on Safe Mode and deactivated/uninstalled the network drivers. I had to deactivate network-related Windows services from msconfig as well. Now I can boot to Windows without any crashes, so it is definitely these Killer Network drivers that are causing the mayhem.

Now how am I supposed to proceed to reinstall the drivers without breaking everything again? 

I tried the latest from Acer website but it says incompatible.

Then I tried the latest from KillerNetwork but it's not working either (Error Code:10).

Any rollback to a previous Windows Restore point brings back the BSOD at startup.

Any ideas how to fix this ?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options