Acer Aspire E1-572g black screen, needs bios flash

andreyjjjj1
andreyjjjj1 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2018 Archives

After a failed BIOS update notebook laptop can not boot. After starting the laptop black screen and turns the DVD-drive. Then just the power light and nothing happens. I reset the CMOS memory, but nothing happened. I tried to recover from a flash drive, but when you press the FN + ESC just starts spinning cooler and personal. On the flash drive lights do not work. I tried to copy on a USB flash drive different fd files, bin, rom, pheonix recovery, manually tore isflash, but nothing helps. I need to somehow restore the BIOS

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer

>>> just starts spinning cooler and personal.>>>manually tore isflash>>>

I don't understand these term. What does spinning cooler and personal,  and tore isflash, mean?

What flashing process originally failed? Was it done from within the Windows environment?

What bios version did you try to load?

Finally, what problems were you having with the machine that you felt flashing might fix?   

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• andreyjjjj1

found in temporary files isflash.fd - try to flash with FN+Esc, no reaction. i tried to rename this file to V5WE2x64.fd, and no reaction. i found V5WE2x64.fd in Internet, tried to flash - again no reaction. i tried to use FAT and FAT32 system, tried to flash exe files. Before crash i tried to update to 2.17 bios version. When i press FN+Esc fan is starting intensive working, but no more. Windows worked steadily. All was fine with flashing procces, but after restart i has black screen, no more. if i didnt press FN+Esc fan work 5-7 sec and turn off. and DVD drive on start make some noise. mb i need to try flash from DVD?

• JackE

>>> tried to use FAT and FAT32 system>>>

Did you make these drives bootable? How did you make them bootable? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• andreyjjjj1

i didnt make bootable USB. how can i do it? in internet i read about just copying FD file to USB drive and try to boot by FN+ESC. 

• JackE

Google "wincris.exe" "download" with the quotes. Follow the instructions for the Phoenix BIOS recovery. However, please understand that this method is a last resort, often unreliable, way to try to repair a damaged BIOS. Good luck and let us know how you make out. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• andreyjjjj1

can i try to boot from DVD drive?

• JackE

You can try. But the Fn+Esc method is supposed to activate special booting circuitry in the BIOS chip to allow it to read a bootable USB drive or floppy disk. Let us know how it works if you try. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Ansarpkm7
    Ansarpkm7 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Somebody please give me bios flash file of ACER E1-572g
  • JackE

You can find the BIOS flash file in the DOS subdirectory of the E1-572g driver downloads at this link https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/ask-acer      Follow the above Phoenix Bios Recovery for renaming the flash flie to work with the WinCris.exe Fn+Esc flash technique.      Jack E/NJ

PS: If your LCD screen is black, first check if you can HDMI out to an external TV screen. If the external screen works OK, then a BIOS flash won't fix the black LCD screen problem. 

Jack E/NJ

• Roza
    Roza Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited June 2018
    Please, Urgent help I got my acer laptop before six months ago but before two months ago I use the laptop as usual and shut it down after six hours I turned it on and the lid of the hard still blinking and nothing appeared on the screen it was totally black screen I try to restart no benefit I do not know how to reuse this laptop its specification is core i7 with 1000GB HDD and 8MB RAM. Please if any one can help ?