HDD/SSD Cable for ES1-332-C5E1

drumbanger
drumbanger Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello everyone.

On another topic, they discussed about this actually. But my main problem is i can't find the cable needed for this process. Some questions i have in mind;

- Do the cable have to specificly fit for ES1-332-C5E1 or any cable with that function can do the job?

- Where's the power output on this motherboard or don't we use any kind of power?

ld0NOb.jpg

- Last but not the least do Acer Turkey have to provide me this cable if i asked for it? With a price of course.

This thing is driving me crazy nowadays because i call myself somewhat of a hardware guy and i just can't get this done. Help appreciated.

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Micro sata basically. Don't over complicate it. Power and data are in one connector. Runs on 5vdc. The 7 data stays 7 pins, the power 15 pins are converted to 9 pin. Tho in this case that is a OEM cable, not the normal micro sata style. 

• drumbanger
    drumbanger Member Posts: 4 New User

Even though this answer is the best informing answer so far, i still don't quite know what to look for. Should i look for a cable which HDD end is in micro sata style and the other and is just SATA3 cable?

If you were kind enough to just show me one example of this cable, i would just buy it.

edit: Will http://www.microsatacables.com/micro-sata-cable-with-15-pin-power-and-sata-iii-data-adapter-cable-ms16p15pm-sata3 cable work?

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

I wish that cable would but no. That connector on the motherboard is not standardized like say the DVD slot connectors. It looks in photo to be OEM specifically made for Acer. The end at hard drive is easy, normal sata with power which is 7 pin for the data and 15 pins for power. The other end will have 7 pins still (data has to be 7 pins) but they can reduce the power down to 2 if needed. If you looked at the hard drive side of the power cable pin outs you would see over engineering on steroids. 

IMG_0623.PNG

as you see multiple repeats of inputs but the hard drives do not need all of these nor even use some anymore. Current 2.5 ssd drives just need ground and 5 vdc so technically 2 wires to carry power and the spread to the 6 pins in total. The data is ground/signal a+\a-/ ground/ signal b+\b- / ground. The ground they have on data is for noise filtering to run the higher speeds.  I do not have access to the Acer database to search that cables part number so as to even find a compatible one. You can't just make one and a quick google turned up nadda for me. Need a Acer rep to step up with the part number and source for one.