3rd fan module for Predator 17 G5-793-72AU

Options
TheoreticalDzn
TheoreticalDzn Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Ive seen that you can get a 3rd fan module for the predator 17 G9 versions, i wanted to know if the fan module would work in the G5 version?

Best Answer

• xen0s
    xen0s Member Posts: 9 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

Please dont waste your time and money with this. While you can probably make it work, it is hardly worth it. I have a G9 593 with the so called frost core. There is absolutely no difference whatsoever with it installed or with the optical drive installed. The temperatures are absolutely the same.
    Its more likely that a laptop pad cooler that blows air up the vents at the bottom of the laptop would be more useful.

Answers

• Ice-9
    Ice-9 Member Posts: 29

Tinkerer

Options

If you're talking about the frost core, I'm sure it's avilable for it.

• Daedronus
    Daedronus Member Posts: 78 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

You can get the frost core but it will not work as is.

You will also need the bottom cover from a g9 and the odd adaptor ( a small pcb since the odd/frost core does not go directly into a botherboard socket).

http://www.acerspareparts.eu/product/33411/Acer-ODD-SATA-Converter-Board/

http://www.acerspareparts.eu/product/34088/Acer-Lower-Cover/

But, you should know the frost core is not gona make a big difference for the temps.

I would rather use the odd slot for a second 256GB SSD and raid it with the m.2 ssd

• TheoreticalDzn

Tinkerer

Options

So if i order those 2 parts and the frost core i can put them in the G5 version? Is there any documentation by acer or a reliable 3rd party thats shows this? i really dont want to end up wasting my time and money lol.

Also thank you very much for responding!!

• xen0s
    xen0s Member Posts: 9 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

Please dont waste your time and money with this. While you can probably make it work, it is hardly worth it. I have a G9 593 with the so called frost core. There is absolutely no difference whatsoever with it installed or with the optical drive installed. The temperatures are absolutely the same.
    Its more likely that a laptop pad cooler that blows air up the vents at the bottom of the laptop would be more useful.

• TheoreticalDzn

Tinkerer

Options

Thank you, for your response. It is alot of money and i was thinking it was hardly worth the cost. Ill pick up a decent pad cooler from newegg asap!