Chromebook 15 (CB3-532) won't turn on?

Jobroray
Jobroray Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in Chromebooks
I purchased the chromebook last night, and let it charge overnight. Once I woke up I got straight on the CB. I connected it to my TV through the HDMI port to watch videos while I worked on things. After about an hour and a half the CB shut down. I plugged it in and tried to turn it on, nothing. Waited for the orange light to turn blue (To indicate it was fully charged) and when it did it still wouldn't turn on.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

It could be stuck in one of the sleep modes. Try pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds or so. Then try turning it on normally. The long press forces a power off and usually gets you back if the issue is a hung sleep state.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓

It could be stuck in one of the sleep modes. Try pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds or so. Then try turning it on normally. The long press forces a power off and usually gets you back if the issue is a hung sleep state.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Koner
    Koner Member Posts: 1 New User
    after thousands of hours with no mishaps, this just happened here for the first time...........and your fix worked! thanks much 
  • billsey
    You're welcome. :)
  • Foxtrot60
    Foxtrot60 Member Posts: 1 New User
    After charging my  chrome book it doesn’t boot up ? Screen black and I don’t hear even. Fan turn on or the  hard drive but the blue light is on ! ? I  also waited 30 Seconds to see if it might be in sleep mode  but still black screen what’s an option for me thank you 
  • billsey
    Try a forced power off by pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds. If it's stuck in sleep that will force it to power off, so you can then do a normal power on.
  • Geo1234
    Geo1234 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi. What worked for me was to open my Chrome, disconnect the battery and reconnect it. When I did, I connected it again and it turned on. I hope this option serves someone else. Sorry for my English.
  • Destiniee
    Destiniee Member Posts: 1 New User
    My computer light doesn’t even show up when I put it on the charger
  • billsey
    That sounds like the charger has gone bad. Can you try another or do you have the capability of testing yours?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Destiniee,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

This discussion has been closed.