Acer E5-575G-53VG randomly shuts off while on battery

Sheilapitt74
Sheilapitt74 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi

My screen has suddenly started continuously flicking on and off. I have closed it down completely a few times, made sure it is fully charged, taken it off mains, put it back on mains.  Even went on the net, where it suggested it was an easy fix for a windows 10 malfunction, but  I could not follow the advice because it would not allow me to complete any of the steps, the first of which was to go into task manager, run a new task by typing "misconfig", (without ") it just kept saying it did not exist.  Another step was to go in to "services" and tick a couple of boxes, one regarding reporting errors. Unfortunately there were no tick boxes on the long list, just tool/cog that did nothing when clicked.  Anyone? It was a gift Christmas 2016, so can't really jump all over it or throw it at the wall in front of my very generous gifter.

Best Answer

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

msconfig..  not mis**  no "i" in it.  Does it do this when on ac wall power at all or just battery? How long on just battery till this occurs? What advanced power settings are you using in windows currently? Do you see this if plugged into external monitor? Do a full power cycle on battery- charged, run till it dies and stays dead. Recharge to full?  Check the reset battery feature Acer has on this model- (little pin hole on bottom near fan air area, use paperclip).  You mention recently doing this, was there a update or external usb device or a program you never used before and now it started doing this after that change?

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

msconfig..  not mis**  no "i" in it.  Does it do this when on ac wall power at all or just battery? How long on just battery till this occurs? What advanced power settings are you using in windows currently? Do you see this if plugged into external monitor? Do a full power cycle on battery- charged, run till it dies and stays dead. Recharge to full?  Check the reset battery feature Acer has on this model- (little pin hole on bottom near fan air area, use paperclip).  You mention recently doing this, was there a update or external usb device or a program you never used before and now it started doing this after that change?