Customer complaint. acer did not fix laptop on warranty

Gotcha66
Gotcha66 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi. My son bought an Acer E5-771 latop and spent all his savings on it. After 10 months he started getting blue screen of death. Laptop was sent into acer through best buy while it was still on warranty. Acer said it was a software issue and not hardware. We re-imaged laptop multiple times to no avail. Acer told us again it was software, not hardware issue. We gave up. Bougt son new laptop. laptop is not on warranty anymore. Friend who works in IT took laptop and figured out the laptop had a hardware issue and took him less than 1/2 hour to figure it out. laptop has two ram slots. One slot is dead. When laptop tries to send info to that dead slot the computer crashes. We pulled the ram chip and laptop does not crash but is on 1/2 its regular ram. The problem I have is I went and bought a new latop to replace it (another acer) when I shouldnt have had to as it should have been fixed while it was still under warranty. Is there any recourse?

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Well I personally do not know but would bet a solid 20$ the Best Buy (aka 

-worst buy) never sent it to Acer to start with. With proper documentation I think you could get Acer to repair / replace with similar unit but would need to deal with Acer directly, no Best Buy middle man. ( try micro center, better deals and service next time- based upon my experiences)

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator

Hello @Gotcha66,

I’m sorry for the inconveniences presented during the repair of the unit.  I would like to look into this for you, can you please send me a PM with the S/N of the unit?

Thanks.