Acer Aspire one 722 series

MrBibs
MrBibs Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

First i will apologize if this isn't in the right place i couldn't find a forum area for this laptop/notebook. System will not boot up can't get to the start in safe mode the only F buttons that work is the F2 and F12 when it's first turned on. Without pressing either of those buttons it goges eventually to a black screen with this being the only thing showing:

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083)

Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controler v2.0.2.6(09/28/10)

Check cable connection!

PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM

Missing operating system

I've tried everything  ipossibly can in the F2 menu F12 pretty much useless as it does nothing. It recognizes the HDD as being there when botted up from the power button and going directly into F2. How can i get it to boot up there are no operating  recovery disc nor a place to put a disc in it even if i had one! Any idea's on what i should try or do? Is the HDD shot? If i need to add anymore info please let me know what it is i can't get into it very far with the way it's not booting up. Also pushing the left Alt key and F10 together doesn't work either nor does pressing F8 to try and start in safe mode. It's as if it's a blank with no operating system on it whatsoever but its been used the last 6 or 7 years with windows 7 on it.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

MrBibs wrote:

Check cable connection!

Missing operating system

This means that's not able to find a bootable device, can be a dying HDD or missing MBR or OS partition.

the main problem is the lack of a windows 7 installation media, you need it to try to fix a missing MBR or you can buy the original Acer recovery media but, if i remember correctly, it will a set of CDs and your unit doesn't have it.

if you have a geek friend or someone with a windows 7 PC, ask if they have a windows 7 installation media.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

MrBibs wrote:

Check cable connection!

Missing operating system

This means that's not able to find a bootable device, can be a dying HDD or missing MBR or OS partition.

the main problem is the lack of a windows 7 installation media, you need it to try to fix a missing MBR or you can buy the original Acer recovery media but, if i remember correctly, it will a set of CDs and your unit doesn't have it.

if you have a geek friend or someone with a windows 7 PC, ask if they have a windows 7 installation media.

• MrBibs
    MrBibs Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for your repsonse, I'm just not sure how the OS got taken out of it to begin with unless it is the hdd dying and just completely failed. My mother was playing a game on the comp not even connected to the net and it fro mwhat she said just shut down and restarted or somethign and went straight to the black screen with the above on it. Again thank you for your help going to tell her she needs to buy a new one as this ones very out dated. Smiley Happy

• IronFly

MrBibs wrote:

Again thank you for your help going to tell her she needs to buy a new one as this ones very out dated. Smiley Happy

you welcome.

i think it's a good choice if she can afford a new one. Smiley Happy